David Ford and Annie Dressner - The Summer Holiday Tour
Prepare to be moved, uplifted, and swept away by intimate, timeless songwriting from acclaimed performers.
Cast includes: N/A
David Ford and Annie Dressner started their musical collaboration in early 2022.
But listening to the blend of their voices and their timeless songwriting, you’d be forgiven for thinking they had been making music together forever. This summer they take to the road in support of debut release, 48 hours, a record named after the two-day burst of creativity that was its origin.
Annie Dressner was born and raised in New York City where she recorded the first of three acclaimed albums. Annie’s heartfelt, confessional writing style and honest vocal delivery have won her supporters at BBC Radio 2 and BBC 6Music and secured numerous festival appearances.
David Ford is an award-winning songwriter who first achieved prominence with the indie rock group Easyworld, and has been hailed by The Guardian as one of Britain’s finest live performers. His 2022 solo album May You Live in Interesting Times was album of the week in both The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Times.
Annie and David decided their first tour together should be something entirely different to the well-worn track beaten by troubadours down the motorways of Britain to the dark and pungent back-rooms of major cities. Drawn to the atmosphere and intimacy of small theatres and the romance of seaside towns, David Ford and Annie Dressner present a unique evening of song. A collection of tender musical moments arranged for the stage.
Press in praise of Annie:
- "Dressner is able to paint visceral images and transport the listener to the world of the song." - American Songwriter
- “...One of the best pop releases of 2020." - Paste Magazine
- "Prepare to be moved, uplifted, and swept away. One of the best albums of the year so far, without a doubt. Exceptional." - Shire Folk
- “Unmissable” ★★★★★ The Guardian
- "One of Britain's best." ★★★★★ The Times
- “Ford writes with genuine depth and striking authority.” Rolling Stone
How you can support the Electric Palace:
- Book a ticket to a screening.
- Become an official Friend of the Electric Palace
- Hire the cinema for a private party
- Buy a gift voucher
- Donate to the cinema
- Sign up to receive our enewsletter
- Support us on social media by sharing our posts and events