Jack in the Green bank holiday weekend special!
Get excited about a night of live music, audience participation, sing-alongs, bottom-slapping and other Wicker Man-themed silliness, hosted by David Bramwell and singer Eliza Skelton.
Director: Robin Hardy
Cast includes: Christopher Lee, Edward Woodward, Ingrid Pitt, Britt Ekland
Hosted by David Bramwell and Eliza Skelton
88 Mins / 1973 / UK
Hosted by performer David Bramwell and singer Eliza Skelton, Sing-along-a-Wickerman! combines live music, audience participation, sing-a-longs, bottom-slapping and other Wicker Man-themed silliness.
Audiences are encouraged to attend dressed as your favourite character from the film (or, if you prefer, in your birthday suits), dust down your best Scottish accent, and will be provided with a “Pagan Hymn Book”, featuring the words to all the songs in the film and a “goody bag” full of mystery items to be used during the film, including edible foreskins, umbilical cords and DIY crosses.
At the start of the show David and Eliza warm up the crowds’ vocal chords with ‘Gently Johnny’ and teach the actions to the Maypole Song. Then the film is played in all its dark, pagan glory with David and Eliza leading the singing and dialogue with full lyric sheets and silly props…
- "Frankly genius!" - The Guardian
- "Terrific fun" - Director, Robin Hardy
- "Camp, cheeky and hugely entertaining" - Time Out
- "Hits all the wrong notes" - The Guardian
All tickets £12
How you can support the Electric Palace:
- Book a ticket to a screening
- Become an official Friend of the Electric Palace
- Hire the cinema for a private party
- Buy a gift voucher
- Donate to the cinema
- Sign up to our enewsletter
- Share our fundraiser
- Support us on social media by sharing our posts and events