Sunday morning screenings include a free cuppa and biscuits!
Vermeer: The Greatest Exhibition
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness the largest Vermeer exhibition in history, before the museum doors officially open to the public.
Director: David Bickerstaff
Cast includes: N/A
90 mins / 2023 / UK
In the spring of 2023, the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam will open its doors to the largest Vermeer exhibition in history.
“This is more than an exhibition. It’s a miracle.” - The Guardian
With loans from across the world, this major retrospective will bring together Vermeer’s most famous masterpieces including Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Geographer, The Milkmaid, The Little Street, Lady Writing a Letter with her Maid, and Woman Holding a Balance.
This new Exhibition on Screen film invites audiences to a private view of the exhibition, accompanied by the director of the Rijksmuseum and the curators of the show. A truly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! As well as bringing Vermeer’s works together, both the Rijksmuseum and the Mauritshuis in the Hague have conducted research into Vermeer’s artistry, his artistic choices and motivations for his compositions, as well as the creative process behind his paintings.
Exclusive access to the world’s biggest exhibition of 2023 includes the first time the newly restored Girl Reading a Letter at the Open Window will be displayed.
- “We would not have thought it possible that so many museums are willing to lend their masterpieces. With this exhibition we can introduce a new generation to Vermeer’s paintings…” Taco Dibbits, Director of the Rijksmuseum
- “Even Vermeer probably never saw this many of his paintings together” - Pieter Roelofs, head of paintings and sculpture for Rijksmuseum
- “There will never be another Vermeer show as great as this one” - Washington Post
How you can support the Electric Palace:
- Book a ticket to a screening.
- Become an official Friend of the Electric Palace
- Hire the cinema for a private party
- Buy a gift voucher
- Donate to the cinema
- Sign up to receive our enewsletter
- Play our piano before a screening and see the film for free!
- Support us on social media by sharing our posts and events